Here are some points to keep in mind about images on social media:
- Facebook: On Facebook images are a must. The ideal size is 800 x 600 and can be whatever seems relevant at the time. However the images should be as simple as possible and also be mobile friendly. 70 percent of people who use the Facebook platform use the mobile version.
- Pinterest: 23 percent more images are shared without faces than those with faces. There are three time as many repins for images with dominant colours and twice as many with red and orange. Images with 50 percent colour saturation will get you four times the repins of images with 100 percent colour saturation and 10 times more than black and whites. Vertical works better than horizontal.
- Google +: Optimum size is ideal for Google + images at 800×600 pixels.
- Twitter: Images in general double the amount of engagement with more retweets, views and replies than those without images.
Make sure you are posting at the right time of day:
- Facebook: Do post between 1:00 Pm and 4:00 PM. Don’t post between 8:00 PM and 8:00 AM
- Pinterest: Do post between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM and 8:00 PM and 1:00 AM. Don’t post between 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM.
- Google +: Do post between 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM. Don’t post between 6:00 PM and 8:00 AM.
- Twitter: Do post between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM. Don’t post between 8:00 PM and 9:00 AM.
Topic and Format
When preparing content stick to these easy tips:
- Facebook: Stay positive and use relevant interesting information. But use teasers with links as opposed to giving all the info in one post.
- Pinterest: Use infographics and check lists relevant to your brand and fans. Categorize to emphasize each pin. Use a keyword to name your pinboard.
- Google +: Use trending topics in real time if at all possible.
- Twitter: Facts, figures and questions engage people best on Twitter.
Platform Specific Tips
It is important to take advantage of the unique features offered by each platform. Use retweets on Twitter to encourage engagement leaving at least 20 characters to allow for content from other people. Mentions often work well to prompt people to engage and respond. Repinning on Pinterest is what helps your information spread like wildfire. In order to get people to repin you should be seeking information that is relevant to your brand and repining it yourself. Also put a pin it button on your website so people are encouraged to do so. Engaging in communities on Google + will help attract more people back to your pages. Also be sure to tag people and brands to encourage people to visit your post. Facebook ads and Sponsored stories allow you to pay for additional exposure. You can select an audience based on gender, age, interests, location, networks, relationship status and more.
If you would like more information on social ads and sponsored stories on Facebook contact us.